A superb adventure … amongst the sand and stars.
There are no roads, no people, no sounds… just sand. This is the vast Sahara Desert.
Join Re:Shape and liberate yourself for a week in this simple minimalistic life; it’s fantastic. Sleep under the stars, walk barefoot up huge dunes, forget the world.
This is a superb trek for all abilities with full camel support. There’s nothing to worry about, just stroll along enjoying the tranquility. The food is excellent, you won’t go hungry!
See how Life Changing this can be.
This Re:Shape Sahara Desert trek is one of the most comprehensive there is; a full on 5 day trek taking you deep into the Desert. The drive over the High Atlas from Marrakech allows you to see the vast array of changing countryside, which makes this such a beautiful country.
- It’s liberating; no roads, no people, no sounds. Just you and raw nature.
- All meals and drinking water on trek, b’fasts in hotels.
- Sleep under the stars – 4 nights tented.
- 2 nights hotel Marrakech, 2 nights Riad accommodation en route. Full support pre-trek. Excellent Guides.
Our trekking route allows you to fully experience this superb region, travelling through hamada, twisting wadi’s and untouched windblown Sahara sand dunes. You will be totally immersed in the desert way of life as you encounter deserted villages and deep water wells frequented by Sahara nomads along the way.
The highlight of this Re:Shape Sahara trek is reached at the furthest point from civilization – the huge dune of Erg Zaher. Seen in the far distance well before, you will climb this 1900′ dune, towering majestically over all others within the Chigaga region to watch the sun set. For most people, this is a moment to reflect on the purpose of your challenge and your amazing achievement.
During the trek days, you will stop for leisurely lunches in the shade of the tamarisk trees and as the sun sets, gather together to share a Moroccan feast. The quality of the food is absolutely amazing.
At night you will wild camp amongst the sand dunes; there are no sound, no lights, just Sahara’s peaceful night sky littered with stars. The solitude and freedom of the desert can be life changing and the minimalist existence is both liberating and humbling. Your everyday life back home will feel a million miles away. By the time you finish, it will be hard to leave the desert behind. The rewarding sense of achievement is however immense and you will take home some very special memories.
Your journey starts and ends in the colourful and captivating city of Marrakech. Enjoy the souks within the vast Medina, the Spas or maybe a local Hammam.
Re:Shape’s Vision is – No More Victims: community engagement and action leads to the end of sexual abuse and exploitation.
Mission – re:shape enables a community response to sexual harm. Central to this is that we organise and support Circles of Support and Accountability around people at risk of causing sexual harm. We also provide education and training to groups and organisations in the areas of appropriate sexual behaviour, consent and ways to reduce risks of sexual harm.
- Safety – We work towards the objective of no more victims
- Responsibility – Holding individuals and organisations to account for their actions
- Inclusiveness – Managing Risk through inclusion not exclusion
- Community involvement – Recognising the importance of partnerships and community involvement
- Growth and learning – Recognising that with necessary support and challenge, people have the ability to grow, learn and change their behaviour
- Individuality and respect – Treating people with humanity and respect
Approach – We aim to achieve our vision through increasing Awareness and enabling Recognition of inappropriate behaviours, supporting Rehabilitation of those whose behaviour may be harmful, and of those who have failed to prevent it, and advocating Zero Tolerance of sexually harmful behaviour.
Fundraising and Itinerary